1. Lipstick plant – The lipstick plant is one of my favorite flowering indoor houseplants. They look great set atop a pedestal or small side table, or planted in a hanging baskets where these vining houseplants can cascade over the top. They might just be the most beautiful indoor plants ever!
2. Flowering Maple – Flowering maples aren’t considered common indoor plants, and I’m not sure why. They are in the same family as tropical hibiscus plants, and just as easy to care for. Plus they’re unique indoor plants that flower all year long in a sunny window.
3. Bromeliad houseplant – Bromeliads are wonderful tropical indoor plants, and one of the best flowering houseplants for low light. They’re pretty easy houseplants, and really fun to grow too. Water your bromeliad by filling the center vase of leaves, keep the water fresh, and your bromeliad will thrive.
4. Orchid houseplant – There are so many different varieties of orchid plants that you could fill your home with them! Orchids are definitely one of the most common indoor flowering plants, and some varieties are easier to grow than others. If you want to try your hand at growing these pretty indoor plants, start with a variety that is easily found for sale at garden centers, like Phalaenopsis orchids.
5. African violet plants – It’s easy to see why African violets are one of the most popular indoor flowering plants to collect, there are so many cool varieties out there! African violets are easy to grow indoor plants that bloom year round. Plus they’re simple to propagate, and are the perfect flowering houseplants for beginners!
6. Hibiscus indoor plant – Tropical hibiscus plants make fairly low maintenance houseplants, and they bloom throughout the entire winter near a sunny window in my basement. Though they make good houseplants, in order for them to flower, they do need to be next to a sunny window, or you can use a grow light.
7. Peace lily houseplant – Maybe the most common houseplants that bloom, peace lilies have a lot going for them. They are one of the best indoor flowering plants for low light, rarely have problems with houseplant pests, will bloom almost constantly under the right conditions, and are even air purifying houseplants! Wow!
8. Goldfish plant – This unusual houseplant with small orange flowers gets it’s name because the blooms look like tiny fish. Goldfish plants are beautiful houseplants that flower all year round. This cute little plant is perfect for growing indoors because it doesn’t need a ton of light or humidity to thrive.
9. Crown of thorns – Crown of thorns are easy to grow houseplants that flower year round. These cool indoor plants are in the euphorbia family, so care for them just like you would care for succulent plants.
10. Amaryllis – A popular holiday gift plant, amaryllis can be kept after the flowers fade, and grown as houseplants. They’re good indoor plants, and given the right conditions your amaryllis flower bulbs will bloom every winter. However, it won’t rebloom without a little help from you. So be sure to follow these instructions to get your amaryllis to rebloom every year.